I have been making a lot of tiny private posts lately, because there's stuff I want to say, but I only think of it when I'm too tired/busy reading fic/whatever to even bother capitalising shit. So! Have some thoughts:
- I want a million stories about the logistics of superheroing (where "logistics" is anything from "all those nifty gadgets + secret identities = patents???" to "cop's-eye-view of the goddamn Batman, aka, every defense attorney's wet dream come true").
- GUYS I WANT AROMANTIC NOT ASEXUAL KIRK WHERE SOMEBODY MAKES A SLUT-SHAMING JOKE AND HE GOES OFF ON THEM ABOUT IDIC AND RESPECTING DIFFERENCE AND HYPOCRISY, OMG I WANT IT SO MUCH.
- The combination of this icon and this pairing has now made me really want some Lily/girl!Remus. IT WOULD BE LOVELY. Instead of the Marauders, Remus has Lily to suss out his secret and be fiercely protective and there's never any trick sixth year and what with being in love with a girl, Lily never picks a douchebag bully over Snape (you know his pride would totally take it as less a rejection than as a "if I liked dudes, MAYBE!")and BASICALLY EVERYONE LIVES HAPPILY EVER AFTER IF REMUS HAS NO PENIS.
- Sometimes you just have to look at your own squicks and laugh because dude, slashing within the Batfamily skeeves me more than actualfax incest, what is that.
- For some reason I am convinced that while Sherlock and Patrick Jane would hate each other, Sherlock and Shawn Spencer would find each other FASCINATING.
- Weird little tic of mine: I need girl!Dean to be named Deanna, not Dena or Diana, because Deanna is the feminine of Dean. As in, my RL Aunt Deanna is named for my Grandpa Dean. There are just certain things that are basic knowledge to you and you can't stand when someone gets it wrong (for values of "wrong") and this is one of those things for me. Also, common-law marriage and the security features of US currency. Both of which were gotten WRONG WRONG WRONG on TV shows recently. Dear Psych: There are only twelve states where common-law marriage is still legal. CALIFORNIA IS NOT ONE OF THEM.
- I want a story about Sarah and Kyle, but mostly Sarah, called "always a widow, never a bride" because she was a kid, a kid who fell in love with a handsome soldier and then he died before she ever had a chance to grow out of that first flush of crazy-epic-in-love and grow into loving him; she went straight from the honeymoon to funeral, basically. Kyle died and all her possibilites went with him; she was never going to have more than the child he left her, the child who would become the savior of all mankind and how do you deal with that at eighteen? Alone and pregnant and knowing that this kid is all you'll ever have and this, having him and raising him and letting him go (because it's John Connor saves the world, not John Connor succeeds Sarah Connor in saving the world, and you'd never leave him alone with that if you had a choice, but don't think too hard about how it happens because you've miles to go yet, and no luxury to pace yourself to a finish line - this has to be a sprint that lasts for decades if he's going to make it), this is all that you'll be remembered for. There is nothing you do, nothing you are, that is important to the world except for this separate person kicking in your belly, just egg becomes embryo becomes child becomes humanity's last hope, and you just a vessel, like Mary, your whole life's work waiting in you since birth and completed at nineteen when they hand you that squalling red thing you're going to die for, some day.
- Oh my GOD, how much do I want Inception fic involving a trans character whose appearance in the dreamspace just organically represents their gender identity instead of their physical reality? Not a forgery, just an actual representation of self. Or, oh, oh! A fic about how Eames is the best at what he does partially because he's genderqueer - most people can forge themselves into different appearances, but sexswap/genderswap (I would totally use sexswap, but who says a forgery is only skindeep? Maybe it is closer to genderswap.) reads as a much bigger "change" to the dreamworld and often ends in death-by-projection, while Eames feels that whatever body he's wearing is as true as the one he was born wearing.
- XANDER HARRIS/SLAYERS = OTP FOREVEEEEEER, OH MY GOD. Like, it feels a little weird that my one true doesn't even involve specific people, but it's just, my Xander's a mostly-straight dude who met a cute girl when he was a teenager and ended up devoting himself to a whole group of hot female superheroes, as friend and lover and protector and support staff and Watcher, and now they're part of his identity, his girls, whether he's in love with Buffy or marrying Faith or just roaming around the country with one (or more!) of the baby Slayers, fighting evil and cracking bad jokes.